Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 10

Date: July 13, 2010
Location: Bus Stop by BB&T
Tuscaloosa, AL

The Camo Lady

Her name is Geneva. She is intimidating, but harmless. I believe she is a homeless woman. Nonetheless, she seems to be intelligent and educated. She makes me wonder what happened to her, and to all people like her. How did she become this way?

Once I saw her in my local grocery store. A child noticed her and loudly asked her mother several questions about Geneva. The mother desperately tried her best to quiet the child. Geneva, as well as everyone else, heard the girl and approached them. The girl was not frightened, just curious. They had a brief conversation; the girl asked Geneva if she worked in the store. Her reply: "Yes, I am in charge of everyone. If you need anything, you can ask me."



No comments:

Post a Comment