Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 16

Date: July 19, 2010
Location: Food World
Tuscaloosa, AL

My Local Grocery

Today's picture is not that spectacular, but it gives me a chance to rant a bit and to explain why we shop here.

I've shopped at Wal-Mart for as long as I can remember. Over the last couple of years, I consistently despised my shopping experience in the mega store. I would always say that I hated to go there but would find myself there again the next week, fighting my way through the isles and checkout lines.

In November 2009, I made my last trip to Wal-Mart. Justin and I decided we would not go, even though the prices are better. Now we shop at this Food World. It's great; the employees are happy and helpful and I have gotten to know a few of the cashiers. I do spend about fifteen dollars more a week, but it's worth the satisfaction of saying I haven't shopped at the other store for eight months.



No comments:

Post a Comment