Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 48

Date: August 20, 2010
Location: Mom's House
Nicholsville, AL

Happy Birthday!

Justin and I are getting to that point in our relationship that we realize presents and gifting aren't necessary. This makes me happy. I am not a "stuff" person; I don't tend to save items for the sentimental value (I even wanted to rent a wedding dress gasp...!).

Travel is important to Justin and me. In a way, we use trips, big or small, as gifts to each other. With all that being typed, I can tell you how we spent the hubby's birthday: "we went to this little resort in South Alabama..." (sorry, another inside joke).

Seriously, we went to my mom's house, in South Alabama. She and the fam were out of town. We took off work Friday and stayed overnight to enjoy their pool and home. They bought us the steak dinner. It was a nice getaway and the long weekend was refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment