Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 43

Date: August 15, 2010
Location: Hollywood 16 Cinemas
Tuscaloosa, AL

Inception

Another Sunday in the heat for work; however, this day was not as hot. While standing under the tent, talking and mostly listening to spoiled college kids, I overheard a conversation about Inception. Most of them had seen it already but one had not. So there were no spoilers. The more they talked, the more I wanted to see it.

I sent a text to Justin and asked him to take me on a date for the matinee showing.
I liked it. The visual effects were great. But after reading all the comments from my Facebook friends and hearing the guys talk earlier in the day, I was a little tiny bit disappointed. I think my expectations were too high; I expected to have my mind blown.

My Disclaimer: I had a very vivid imagination as a kid. I actually really thought and believed that my life was simply a book that another person was reading. I "rationalized" that the reason I slept was that the reader put the book down to go about his/her own life. There were many more details in my book theory. So maybe Inception was just not out there enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment